Cut Metal, Not your Budget
The Primalloy Saw Blade is designed for heavy-duty cutting & a greatly increased performance through alloying with cobalt and vanadium.
Abrasive Wear Applications, Heavy Duty Cutting, Tool Steels, Difficult to Cut Materials, Heat Treated Alloy Steels, Mold Steels, PH Stainless Steels, & Inconel
Precision, Quality, Innovation.
The Starrett Primalloy Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades are intended for more difficult cutting materials such as precipitation hardening stainless steels, high alloy tool steels and nickel alloys than the typical bi-metal saw blades. Over time the M42 saw blades will cut less accurately and will slow production down with more frequent down time to change blades. The solution to cutting more difficult materials at a lower price than carbide tipped blades is Starrett’s cobalt and vanadium alloy design.
The PrimAlloy line of saw blades also comes with an Extended Life Treatment (EXT) that is applied to the alloy steel backing material. The EXT process will soon be extended to more Starrett blade options.
The PrimAlloy offers the following features:
- Alloy designed for improved efficiency over the all-purpose M42 HSS Edge Band Saw
- Cost-effective cutting solution for steels with low machinability
- High Vanadium content dramatically increases wear resistance over competitive products. (Vanadium carbides in the microstructure have a hardness of HRc 84!)
- Extended Life Treatment (EXT) proven to ensure maximum fatigue life
- Aggressive 12 degree tooth form provides faster cutting rates.
- Primalloy will be beneficial on machines not rigid enough for carbide tip product